Salary Grade: RIDNJC C
Salary Band: £18,426 - £19,171 FTE per annum
Actual Salary: £11,937 - £12,420 per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Term Time + 5 days
Closing Date: Sunday 12th July 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: 28 hours per week, 39 working weeks, 44.64 paid weeks
Start: September 2020
About the Opportunity
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor with a real passion for education to join our dedicated team and contribute to ensuring our school continues to flourish.
We require a resourceful and self-motivated Cover Supervisor to take responsibility for the learning, behaviour and progress of classes in the absence of the class teacher. The candidate should ideally have previous working experience in this field, with a passion and enthusiasm for working with secondary school students. We would like someone with a tolerant and compassionate nature, and sense of humour, which would be an asset. The ability to work co-operatively within a team setting is also essential.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1600 students, 200 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading.
Our ideal candidate will be
- An excellent Cover Supervisor who loves working with developing young people and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Have experience of working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties; and be fully aware of the key elements of nurture provision.
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We can offer you
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of children with a passion for learning.
More information about the school can be found on our website.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.