Salary Grade: Unqualified Teachers Scale - UQ1 to UQ3
Salary Band: £17,681 - £21,793 per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 7th July 2020 (noon)
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: Full or Part TIme
Start: September 2020
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and talented Maths tutor to work with identified students to support them in achieving their full potential in Mathematics. It will involve working with students in small groups to support and maximise their progress in Mathematics, working alongside the Maths Team to plan and deliver lessons which support the work students are completing within their lessons.
The post will suit someone who has experience of delivering intervention strategies across the full ability range and is able to support the teaching of Mathematics to GCSE level.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1600 students, 200 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading. The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is part of The White Horse Federation Multi-Academy Trust.
We are looking for a tutor who can:
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- Plan, implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum in literacy for small groups of students.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides small groups of students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or higher level qualification in a relevant subject area
- Experience with effective use of IT and new technologies to enhance teaching and learning
- Previous experience of working with young adults/ children in an education setting
- Good interpersonal skills with both adults and children
- Have high expectations of students and deliver outstanding lessons and learning opportunities
- An ability to work independently and be pro-active in all that you do.
- The ability to prioritise own workload
Full details on this exciting opportunity can be located on the attached job description.
We can offer you:
- A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
Are you looking to move into the area?
It's an exciting prospect to be moving into Swindon. To help you with your search whether you are looking to buy or rent, Right Move has the latest on properties for you to consider!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why work with us:
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the students and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.